The Resonance of Eorzea

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Images from Gamescon 2012!

It's 5.38 am here and like I've been saying, Yoshi-P and his crew will bring the noise at Gamescon 2012, and indeed they have!

Also, for the duration of Gamescon, I'm switching my blog's BGM to the song "Full Sail" by Ryan Farrish... my way of urging the entire development team to keep sailing full ahead with  FFXIV: ARR.   Hail the new beginning... highly fitting, yes?

Anyway, here are the first fresh new images directly from Gamescon 2012, all from the Game Watch website.  I'm too speechless right now to say nada... let the images speak for themselves...












Jumping chocobos...






And the RSE (Race Specific equipment) for Elezen is simply beautiful... I'll proudly rock those all day...






Ahhh yes... could this next one possibly be the Qiqirn Black Market?  They do love their shinies...








That last image of a huge skeleton reminds me of Leviathan... or could it be another of the Sharlayan dragons that got killed in the opening CG?


***Update @ 11.18 am***  First video footage of actual gameplay, running beautifully...




Here's is the original version of the presentation which is rendered inmuch lower quality



And Neorei on the Lodestone forums got a quick snapshot of Yoshi sporting an awesome T-Shirt.  Yep, highly fitting view to all the nay-sayers... all you muppets will continue to only  see his back as he and his team leave you in the dust...



In the meantime, I'm steering very clear of any of the negative posts on the Lodestone and commenting only on solid positive feedback.  Any of the lil' bastids who don't like this game need to bugger off... NOW.  I know all the decent MMORPGs currently on the market and I'm still convinced that FFXIV: AAR vapourizes the competition.

I'll continue to update as I get more info...

Always everyone, please remember that all the official videos and images from SE were used here strictly for fan purposes; and all the product, system names and/or company logos remain the registered trademarks of Square Enix.  Copyright (C) 2010-2012 SQUARE ENIX CO. LTD. All Rights Reserved


2 comments:

  1. I played the first closed/open betas and for about 4 months after. I have been following your blog since then as well. Yoshida-san has really blown me away! I'm coming back to the game with the PS3 release and I think this time it will be for good. I agree with you about ARR, it really does look better than the competition this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Johnny thanks for the great comments and thanks a lot for reading all this time... I still get a LOT of goodwill emails from other players as well, so everyone who reads is greatly appreciated.

    Yes I agree that ARR will be truly phenomenal and if my deductions are right, theis will help Sony move a ridiculkous amount of units for the PS3. Blade & Soul and TERA (to name a few) were the only real competitors for this game but with the new engine that Yoshi and THE crew has developed, SE has a winner here. That and their shrewd move into the Chinese market will certainly keep them on top of the game

    ReplyDelete